"The ability to see around corners is the ability to imagine the unimaginable. That´s what leaders do."
Jack Welch is the most admired CEO in the world. During his 20 years as Chairman and CEO of General Electric, he transformed the company from a bureaucratic behemoth to a dynamic and revered powerhouse. During his tenure, GE´s market value grew from $13 billion to $400 billion. In the process, Welch´s management innovations made him the most influential CEO of his era.
He has been named Manager of the Century by Fortune magazine and the World´s Greatest Leader today in a Fast Company magazine survey. Welch is the author (with John A. Byrne) of the international bestseller JACK: Straight from the Gut, and Winning, written with his wife, Suzy Welch which provides an intimate glimpse into his life and management concepts.
A dialogue with Jack Welch on management innovation
• Challenging management fundamentals: why the basics of success remain unchanged
• Transformation and change: on leaders, managers and their role in delivering sustainable results
• Sense early, move fast and energize your people
• Revisiting the building blocks of a strong business foundation
• How to turn execution into an ongoing, energizing, rewarding process
What it means to “Win”
The title of the book that Jack coauthored with his wife Suzy, winning is the ultimate objective of any business. According to Welch, “winning in business is great because when companies win, people thrive and grow. There are more jobs and more opportunities everywhere and for everyone. Winning companies are the engine of a healthy society and nothing short of the foundation of a free and democratic society. That's why winning is great.”