NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The My First Job Contest is open only to contestants who sign up at the online Contest page and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of HSM Americas Inc. and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. HSM Americas Inc. reserves the right to require proof of eligibility and to conduct a background check on entrants, if applicable. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of HSM Americas Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content. Wining a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about July 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM and ending September 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM. All online entries must be received by September 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Contest entries will be judged from July 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM until September 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Winners will then be announced on September 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM Eastern Standard Time. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Contest site and on Facebook. On Facebook you may be required to "like" the page first. You may also enter the contest on Twitter by tweeting your first job story using the hashtag #myfirstjob. You must follow @Wobi_en on Twitter for the duration of the contest for your entry to be official. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of HSM Americas Inc. You may enter as many times as you’d like. You must fill in the information requested and, if required, upload the appropriate file (photograph, video, or other item as specified). You understand that your entry may be made public for public voting or may be reviewed privately by Contest judges. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of HSM Americas Inc.
5. How to Win: Winners for this Contest will be selected by a combination of public voting and private judging. The best My First Job submission based on a combination of public voting and private viewing will win. In the event of a tie, HSM America Inc. will pick the winner at random.
6. Prizes: Prizes for the Contest consist of a back-stage pass to the World Business Forum 2012 as well as admission, hotel, and roundtrip economy airfare to the World Business Forum 2012 from the continental United States. Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes. You are not guaranteed to win a prize and your chance of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for HSM Americas Inc. to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Notification: Winners of the Contest will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail address provided within five (5) days following the winner selection. HSM Americas Inc. shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the winner cannot be reached after reasonable efforts have been exerted during the five (5) days from the date of the applicable winner selection, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Contest Rules, such winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that HSM Americas Inc., anyone acting on behalf of HSM Americas Inc., or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to being photographed, filmed, taped, interviewed about the Contest or to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation, which may require, entrants to appear on television or on an internet broadcast.
9. Rights to Work: By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is your original work and does not include third parties without permission and that it will not infringe on the rights of any third party or entity. In addition, you have obtained all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the entry and to grant the other rights outlined in the Rules.
10. Terms: HSM Americas Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, HSM Americas Inc. may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by HSM Americas Inc. HSM Americas Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Rules.
If this Contest includes a public voting period, HSM Americas Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple votes from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest Rules; fraudulent entry votes; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for voting.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, HSM Americas Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless HSM Americas Inc., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries;
12. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law of conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Your privacy is important to HSM Americas Inc. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we use that personal information. It applies to your use of various websites you may visit where we run promotions or similar activities (together with associated and successor websites and services, the "Site"). We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time and will notify you of any changes via email or on our web site.
We may collect personal information for those who enter, vote or otherwise participate in our promotions. Personal information may include your username, your password (we only store an encrypted version of this; not the actual password), one or more email addresses and other contact information.
Like most web-based services, we may automatically collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your computer's Internet Protocol address, and the browser type of the web page you were visiting before you came to our Site and information you search for on our Site.
Like many websites, we may also use "cookies" to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may use "persistent cookies" to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Site; and we may use "session ID cookies" to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Site. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of our services.
We use the information collected to enable your access to and use of the website services, to personalize the website for you, or to supply you services that you have asked for. If you are a paying customer we will also use this information to charge your credit card or collect payments from you.
We may also occasionally contact you via email to tell you about web maintenance, upgrades and new features regarding our promotions or those on behalf of third parties, but will provide you with a vehicle for opting out of these emails. When registering for the Contest, you expressly agree that we may share your information both (i) with other HSM Americas Inc. affiliate’s companies, and (ii) with our business partners. You hereby further accept and authorize us to share your information with other reputable companies outside of the HSM Group both within and outside the USA to keep you informed of offers that may be of interest to you. They may wish to contact you either in writing, by mail, by fax or by e-mail.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, physical threat, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, in which disclosure is necessary.
At some point there may be links to other websites or services included on the Site. We make no representation or warranties and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
In the event of a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of your Personal Information, including email addresses, to that entity. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such a transfer.